Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
** Registration forms must be submitted at the beginning of each Fair year.
For Club Members, Parents and Leaders.
All youth, parents and leaders are expected to sign the following code of conduct form in order to participate in the Muskegon County Fair. Participants in the Open Show classes must also submit a signed Code of Conduct upon registration.
Club members, leaders and parents when participating or acting on behalf of the Muskegon County Fair, are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with accepted standards of social behavior, respect the rights of others, and to refrain from any conduct which may be injurious to the Muskegon County Fair.
The following actions and behaviors are PROHIBITED:
Disrespectful and/or unsportsmanlike behavior.
Failure to comply with any component of the Code of Conduct may result in:
HANDLING OF VIOLATIONS AND DUE PROCESS
HANDLING OF VIOLATIONS: Violations of rules in the code of conduct will be handled the following way.
1. Club members, leaders (Fair Superintendents, Fair Board members, Leaders, etc.) and /or parents compelled to bring a Code of Conduct violation complaint against a member(s) (including leaders and parents) will be required to sign a letter of violation complaint stating the reason and alleged grounds for registering the complaint. Complaints will be sent to members of the Muskegon County Fair Committee:
· The Muskegon County Fair Club Participation Committee (President)
· The Muskegon County 4-H Leaders Council (President)
· The Muskegon County Horse Committee (Overall Superintendent)
· The Muskegon County Livestock Committee (President)
· The Fair Board Representative (President)
2. Any member(s) against whom a rules violation complaint has been filed will have the right to read the letter of complaint.
3. The Muskegon County Fair Committee will review the violation complaint, investigate the violation complaint and determine whether sufficient evidence exists to merit further action.
4. If further evidence exists to merit further action, the Muskegon County Fair Committee will determine and levy the appropriate penalty for the violation.
5. After the appropriate penalty has been given, the Muskegon County Fair Association will be notified.
DUE PROCESS: Members/leaders have the right to appeal the levying of a rule(s) violation penalty or penalties according to the following process:
1. The member must request a hearing before the Muskegon County Fair Committee. Requests must be made in writing to a member of the Fair Committee. The meeting time and site location will be determined by the Muskegon County Fair Committee.
2. All parties involved will be notified.
3. All parties involved will have the right to present their case as to why he/she felt the penalty or penalties should be reconsidered.
4. All parties involved will be notified by Muskegon County Fair Committee regarding their decision on the appeal.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field